Friday, August 13, 2010

Heat Wave

The thing about central air conditioning is that it is supposed to make your whole house the same temperature. Yet here it is 2:51 a.m. and I am waking up for the second night in a row because I am just too blooming hot to sleep any more. So I exit my bedroom in search of a cold glass of water, thinking I'm losing my mind or, worse--gasp!--wondering if I'm going to be one of those unlucky women who hits menopause before she hits 40. "Is this what a hot flash feels like?" I wonder. So I go out of my bedroom and... relief. Even the hallway is cooler than my room. And weirder still, just across the hall my daughter's room is almost cold.

Explain this to me. Please.

Though the inconsistent temperature variant hasn't always been in the master bedroom, every ranch-styled home I've lived in has had the same problem. And every ranch-styled home I've lived in has had Central Air Conditioning.

Oh, sure, blame the exterior temperature. But the 104 heat index we experienced today was all around my house, not just slamming against my bedroom; and, by definition, the unit is supposed to be centralized in order to keep the whole house cool.

There should be a law about this or something.

Or maybe there should be a law against posting blogs at 3am.

1 comment:

Jodie said...

if it makes you feel any better, it got up to 105 here, that's degrees! the heat index was 110 ;).

and yes, you should post blogs at 3:16am ;).