Wednesday, September 29, 2010

To Ease A Friend's Mind -- A Post by Shawna

So Jodie tells me to post something. I've been busy writing! I tell her. I don't have time to blog!

Post something! She insists. So here it is: a question inspired by some reading I've been doing late at night.

???
What is the difference between
LIVING A LIFE OF PURPOSE and
(wait for it....) LIVING ON PURPOSE
???

I'm interested to hear your take on it so, as always, I welcome your comments.

And, just in case you aren't interested in my little philosophical dabbling, here is a short list of funny words you can try to throw into your conversations today:

Harpoon (thanks, Jodie.)
Poodle
Oy!
Snazzy
Knickers
Phlegm
and in honor of my last post: Gerund.

If you can combine them all in one nonsensical but funny paragraph, I will be a fan. If you can do it and actually make it make sense, I'll be a... double fan. With a shot of espresso.

And speaking of which....
Oh my goodness I haven't had my coffee yet today!!!!! What was I thinking????????

Now go read a book or something!
Need a recommendation? How about Susan Meissner's novel: The Shape of Mercy. The cover promises "exquisite prose" and I'd have to agree.

No comments: